The hamlets of Bedford Hills, Bedford Village, and Katonah comprise the municipality of Bedford. Bedford is located in the northeastern part of Westchester County, NY.
Bedford was first settled under a Connecticut license around the year 1681. It was settled at a place called the "hop-ground" due to its natural product. The original patent, dated 1697, bears the Connecticut seal. In 1700 the settlement was attached to New York by order of King William. Bedford Hills was once known as Bedford Station when the railroad was built in 1847. Bedford Hills extends from its bustling business center at the railroad station to farms and estates and spreads eastward along Harris, Babbitt and Bedford Center roads and south along the busy Route 117 business corridor toward Mt. Kisco. This hamlet is the site of the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility. Bedford Hills is also the seat of Town government and home to the Town House, built in 1927, and several other Town buildings where the Police Department and Town offices are located.
Location: Bedford Hills