The Jackson House c1857 is located in Bedford Village. The corner property on Court Road was purchased by the Society in 1946 to protect the adjacent Court House. Built by George W. Jackson, the house was owned in the 1860's and 1870's by the town's livery stable proprietor, Cyrus K. Saunders, who also ran the stage to Bedford Station, now Bedford Hills. In 1998, the original building underwent extensive structural and cosmetic renovations; in 2001, the annex was restored and in 2006, the two interior spaces were reconnected. The building is currently leased to Wendy's Closet, a women's clothing store.
Press blue button
for more information about the Bedford Historical Society and its historic properties.
Location: Bedford Village