The Pound Ridge Land Conservancy (PRLC) is a private, non-profit corporation, with the mission of preserving the rural character of Pound Ridge through the acquisition and maintenance of undeveloped land. The Conservancy’s preserves are kept in their natural state, for aesthetic, ecological and educational purposes.The preserves are held in perpetuity, i.e. they cannot be sold.
The Pound Ridge land Conservancy is involved in the following activities in support of its mission:
- Preserving undeveloped land in town, through encouraging outright donation of land and donation of conservation easements (i.e. development rights).
Press blue button
for more information about The Pound Ridge Land Conservancy.
- Stewardship of our current land holdings in town, consisting of 14 preserves, totaling over 335 acres.
- Conducting community education on the subject of land conservation:
1) Sponsoring student walks
2) Sponsoring seminars/talks
3) Getting educational and informative articles published in the Record Review
4) Informing town residents of the choices they have to protect their land and preserve our towns ecosystem
Location: Pound Ridge