to enlarge photo of Old School House in Bedford Village.
The School House c1829 is located in Bedford Village. This small stone building on the Green, often called the Stone Jug, was the village school from 1829 to 1912. From 1913 to 1969 it housed the Bedford Museum which was moved to the second floor of the renovated Court House. The School House was then restored to its original use as a 19th century one-room school. It is open to the public from May to October.
Press blue button
for more information about the Bedford Historical Society and its historic properties.
Location: Bedford Village