The Bedford Historic Courthouse c1787 is located in Bedford Village. The Court House is the oldest Westchester County Government Building and one of only three Court Houses in New York State built before 1800. It is Bedford's historic landmark of the days from 1788 to 1870 when Bedford was a county seat more populous than White Plains. The Court House was restored once in 1889 and again between 1965 and 1970 when its Court Room was returned to its original dignity. The Bedford Museum is housed on the second floor. The Town owns the building and the Historical Society maintains the interior and operates the museums that are open to the public from May to October.
Press blue button
for the Bedford Historical Society and more historic properties.
Location: Bedford Village